Friday, April 10, 2009

Single White Female

I'm freelancing now, which means I sometimes have to meet people whom I've never met in hopes that they will give me money in exchange for goods and services. My goods are my wicked sweet knowledge and my services are writing whatever you need writ (via my mad skillz), but every so often I get work off of craigslist, and you never know what kind of "goods" and "services" people reeeally want when they post positions on there.

So I have an interview with this lady in a couple days, and we're meeting in a nice public coffee shop. But what if she's a sociopathic killer, cleverly aware of the commonly held cautions about craigslist, and she's just trying to lull me into a false sense of security with the safe first meeting, the green loose leaf tea, and the "offhand" mentions of her toddlers with hippie names? I'll bet she even brings pictures of her alleged children to the interview, to whip them out in case she senses fear behind my eyes, so that Of course I'll meet you at your "basement level" "office" in the warehouse district for our next meeting, because why would a lady in an Arc'teryx fleece vest want to chop me into little pieces and feed me to her labradoodle?

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Craigslist fears, what if she's just luring you to become a prostitute? She could be into human traffiking.

    Has she been asking how 'sassy' you are? Because that's a dead give away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She DID ask me if I ever thought about changing my name to "Las Vegas..."





    ...Because what happens in Vegas stays in -- okay.

    ReplyDelete